What movie are you most excited for this fall/winter?

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Too Many Films To See

P85

So far I have seen about 35 2011 releases. I was feeling pretty good about that number considering that this was my first year as a father and that I've only made it to the theater 3 times so far.
Then I counted how many movies were on my "To See" list. 45. That's a lot, at least for a stay at home dad who works nights and weekends. Fortunately less than 15 would be ones that I would have to see in the theater in order to make my personal deadline (before the Oscars). Only about half of those will probably play in the theaters here (not much for limited releases in Reno). About 15 are already available on DVD and another 15ish might make it onto DVD in time for me to make my Favourite of the Year List before The Academy Awards.
I am pretty confident that I will be able to get in almost half of the films on my list before my deadline but that will still leave me missing about 20-25 potential "list makers". But overall I feel good about it, can't do much better in a city that basically only gets wide releases in the theater.

Posted via email from Film Harbour

No comments:

Post a Comment