What movie are you most excited for this fall/winter?

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Quick Hits

The Social Network 4.5/5 For having almost no interest in seeing it I sure did enjoy this film. Great direction, as always, from David Fincher, good writing, other than Rashida Jones' character who shouldn't even be in the movie, terrific score, and amazing acting by Jesse Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield. The Fighter 4.5/5 It's been awhile since we have heard from David O. Russell, but I would say he has only gotten better. This biopic is successful because of good writing, great acting (by Amy Adams, Melissa Leo, and even Mark Wahlberg), restrained direction, and a truly transformative performance by Christian Bale. I cannot say enough good things about his performance in this film, so I won't. I Love You Man 4/5 This is one of those movies that took a second viewing for me to appreciate. A truly funny role by Paul Rudd. An actual novel idea for a comedy plot. And my favorite, Jason Segel. He is just too funny in this film.

Posted via email from Film Harbour

No comments:

Post a Comment