What movie are you most excited for this fall/winter?

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Some Best Picture Nom Thoughts

P154

Best Picture Thoughts:
The Artist and The Descendants, if I had made a bet on any 2 being nominated it would have been these. Close behind would have been Moneyball and The Tree of Life. Hugo is no surprise, but I did not expect to see War Horse. Midnight in Paris is a very pleasant surprise, but a bigger surprise is that Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close somehow got nominated despite poor critical reception (48% on Rotten Tomatoes as of now). Four of the Noms have a 90% or higher on RT, two have 80% or higher, two have 75% or higher, and Extremely Loud has a paltry 48%.
I'm not surprised to see The Help in there, and I guess I don't mind since I'm sure it won't win.
Where's Drive? It was the 4th most listed film on critics end of the year lists.
Also, why nine nominees? Just to prove that they don't have to do 10? They should have just added in Drive to make it 10, or left off Extremely Loud and The Help for seven.
Now of course there are lots of other films that I would have liked to have seen instead, but I'm realistic. I'm just happy that The Tree of Life and Midnight in Paris made it.

What are your thoughts? Let me know if you agree or disagree with me.

Posted via email from Film Harbour

No comments:

Post a Comment