What movie are you most excited for this fall/winter?

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Favourite Steven Soderbergh Films

P146

With Haywire hitting theaters this weekend I decided to choose Steven Soderbergh for this weeks top five.
Disclaimer: I've only seen about half of his films so far so my list obviously only reflects the ones I've seen.

1. Che
I'm putting both parts 1 & 2 together for my number 1. Benicio Del Toro gives an incredible performance and I believe that these were the first feature films to be shot entirely with Sony's RED cameras. I knew practically nothing about Che Guevara before watching these films and I found them to be quite gripping and informative.

2. Bubble
A very simple low budget film using non-actors. It's about people stuck in a small, mundane town and something that happens that's not so mundane.

3. Traffic
Soderbergh's Oscar winning masterpiece drama about drugs (to put it really simply).

4. The Informant!
Another great fact based story about a man who cannot stop lying no matter who to or what the stakes are. Also Matt Damon turns in what I believe to be his best performance.

5. Solaris
A really cool and trippy sci-fi film, starring one of Soderbergh's favourites, George Clooney.

Honorable Mentions:
Contagion
The Ocean's films

Posted via email from Film Harbour

No comments:

Post a Comment